A significant power imbalance can be discernible in the interaction between men and women at all levels of society. Violence perpetrated by men against women in the form of physical or emotional abuse is the extreme expression of this power imbalance.
The work of the women and children’s refuges is directed against all forms of violence against women and children.
Our women and children’s refuges are open to all women who have been victims of or are threatened with abuse and their children. Women can be admitted at any hour of the day. Admission is always at the woman’s request.
The women and children’s refuges offer:
- protection from further threats or abuse
- help in working through your experience of violence
- advice with psychosocial problems
- support with parenting and childcare
- help working out the way forward
- support dealing with government agencies, lawyers, courts, advice centres, etc.
- putting you in touch with other sources of help
Frauen- und Kinderschutzhäuser I und II des Sozialdienst katholischer Frauen e.V.
Wolbecker Str. 16 a