Frauenhaus und Beratung e.V.
Refuges for women of all ages (18 or over), religions and nationalities, regardless of residential status, who are victims of physical or emotional abuse.
The women's refuges provide a safe place for women who have been oppressed, verbally abused, threatened, beaten, kicked or confined by their husbands, friends or fathers, and for their children. They are available to all women affected by these issues 24 hours a day.
- Women and children can start by finding some calm and peace in the refuge, before going on to think about their life plan going forward.
- Women with no income of their own are generally eligible for ALG II.
- The women's refuge provides help and support to all women, with services such as advisory appointments, support with visits to council departments, or help finding housing,
- Specialist women’s refuge staff provide support to children and adolescents.
- Contact with other women in a similar situation provides women with the opportunity to talk together about the violence they have experienced and provide mutual support.
The address of the women’s refuges is confidential. If you are a woman and want to come to the refuge, you can call us at any time. We will then tell you how to get here.
Where possible, you should bring personal effects, some money and essential documents (ID card, birth certificate, health insurance card and bank cards) with you when you arrive.
In recent years we have also been offering advice away from the refuge at the women’s refuge advice centre.
Tel: 02506/6755 (day and night)
Tel: 02504/5155 (day and night)